Tuesday 5 July 2016

Books On My 'To Be Read' Pile


Okay, so I've just written two book-related posts in a row (you can read the last one here) - I guess I'm just really into reading right now! Anyway, I have some other genre posts which I'm aiming to put up soon, so stick around!

There are so many books that I want to read! I'm such a slow reader so the list is probably going to grow at a faster rate than I'm actually getting through the books, but is that actually a bad thing?

Anyway, other than re-reading the Harry Potter series (which I've only read once - I feel like a terrible fan...) there are plenty of books I want to read during the rest of 2016 and going into 2017. So here they are.

"All the Bright Places", by Jennifer Niven
I've heard so many good things about this book, firstly from Zoe's channel ages ago, and then I was reminded about it when she included it in her book club selection. (I bought all 8 books by the way!) It's definitely the one that I'm most excited to read from her picks, and I'm really looking forward to it!

"Reasons to Stay Alive", by Matt Haig
I saw this in Tesco of all places and it was the title that grabbed me. It sounded like such a positive book and when I read the blurb, that initial feeling continued and I knew I had to buy it. It's a short book, but has been highly praised and so I cannot wait to read it. It's going to be the next book I read!

"Brooklyn", by Colm Toibin
I haven't seen the film, but I'll admit that this was where I first heard about the story. It was nominated for many awards (and won some...maybe. I can't remember, sorry) and so I was drawn in. For once, I decided that I should read the book before I watch the film, so it may be ages before I see the film at this rate! I'm looking forward to it though because it sounds like such a beautiful story.

The "Gone" Series, by Michael Grant
My friend has highly recommended this series to me. I managed to buy a few of the books in cheap sales so I really have no excuse not to read them when she tells me how great they are. I don't know why I haven't read them yet because she says they are amazing, so I really should read them soon; they're a definite feature on that 'to be read' pile.

"Me Before You", by Jojo Moyes
I saw the film adaptation last week and absolutely loved it, just as I thought I would. It was totally my sort of film as it so cleverly allowed you to feel close to the characters and feel their whole range of emotions with them. It was utterly beautiful and the story is one that I have to know in more detail, so I bought the book (again, from Tesco) and cannot wait to read it.

"The Fault In Our Stars", by John Green
Yes, I am one of the very few people who hasn't read the book. I have watched the film though, and like "Me Before You" I absolutely loved how I was able to feel the emotion along with the characters. I've loved the other books of John Green's that I've read ("Paper Towns", "Looking For Alaska" and "An Abundance of Katherines") so I have no doubt that I'll love this one too. I really should get a move on and read it!!

"Fangirl", by Rainbow Rowell
This is also a feature in Zoe's WHSmith Book Club, but I've wanted to read it for a while. I love that feeling when you walk into a bookshop and explore the blurbs in that beautiful quietness of the shop. I must've read the blurb of "Fangirl" quite a few times by now and I don't really know why I haven't bought it before now. But as I bought the 8 books in Zoe's book club, I now happily own "Fangirl" and so I'll actually get round to reading it now.

So those are just a few of the books that I'm hoping to read in the next few months, There are so many more than this, but these ones are the ones I'm most looking forward to reading!

What books are on your 'To Be Read' pile?



Follow




No comments:

Post a Comment