Thursday 19 November 2015

Trips to the Library?

Source
I feel like libraries are often over-looked these days, what with digital and audio books and just general alternatives to reading, but I personally am determined not to give in and keep on reading!

I always say that I'm a reader, but regularly find myself going months without having read a page of a book through my own choice. This, I confess, is usually due to the distractions of my phone, Youtube and social networks. I kind of hate it that I can no longer entertain myself without the needs of an electronic device or WiFi connection. So I'm trying to rectify this. 

And one way I'm doing this (and succeeding so far, I might add) is by going to the local library. 

Stereo-typically, this is boring, and yeah I know that. But actually give it a go before you discount it from your activities. Now that I have a part-time job and an hour break for lunch, I used to take a trip round the shops, but after a while I found myself actually knowing what was in all of the shops, so it made time take drag on for ages. So now what I do, is take a book in my bag and go along to the library. It's actually very calming as you can get away from the hustle and bustle of a busy shopping centre and have anything from a few minutes to a couple of hours getting lost in a book. It's a great way to fill some time whilst being productive and realising that you don't need technology to enjoy yourself.

I'm so grateful that I didn't give up on libraries and now I remember why reading is so therapeutic and I love it.
You should give going to your local library a try, or if you don't have one near you, just get out a book and read whenever you feel like it.
Go on, give it a try.

Love as always,
Georgia
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment