Wednesday 20 April 2016

My Happiest Memories Part Two/Two



Hello again!
Today I fancied 'spilling the beans' (or so to speak) about the time when I was happiest. Last week, I wrote about
when I went to Wembley and saw my football team win their place in the Premier League; If you're not a football person, then it may not be your thing, but if you're interested you can read it here.

Today though, I'm going to tell you about the time when my best friend and I surprised our other best friend on her 16th birthday with a theatre trip in London.

So, first a bit of background... my friends, Katy, Rosa and I have all been best friends since we were babies; I met Katy when I was 6 weeks old, and we met Rosa when she was 6 weeks old. Our whole families are friends and we all know each other so well.  Rosa and I had planned a surprise for Katy's 16th, and they had planned one for mine. In October, it was Rosa's turn.

So, Rosa loves music and performance. So what better than a trip to a London West End Show?! We opted for Cats the Musical, as it was one that none of us had seen before and we'd heard great reviews.

We wanted the whole trip to be a complete surprise and we didn't want her to guess a thing. Obviously as both Katy and I had both been treated with days out for our birthdays, she was very right to expect one for hers! We knew she'd be suspicious if we didn't say anything, so Katy and I told her that we'd take her out the following weekend so she wouldn't suspect a thing.

Rosa thought she was going for a shopping trip with her mum and sister (who both knew the whole plan) so the three of them got the train an hour before we did. Katy, her mum, my mum and I all got the train in and made our way to the restaurant, thankfully avoiding crossing paths on their way! We waited for about 10 minutes and then Rosa came into the restaurant, and the four of us all jumped up to surprise her.

Her reaction was priceless.

You could see that she absolutely had no idea, so she was so shocked! But she was so happy!
So we all had a brilliant meal out and she still had no idea where we were going afterwards. As we walked the short distance to the theatre (our mums leading the way as neither me nor Katy actually knew where we were going!), she tried to guess what the surprise was, and as we turned the corner and saw the theatre with the massive sign for 'Cats' she guessed what it was and we were all so excited!

The show was incredible. It wasn't like the other musicals I had seen before; there was actually no speech at all throughout, just an incredible array of dance, songs and beautiful sets and costumes. There was one particular song, sung an actress with the most beautiful voice. I think the song was called 'Memories'? (don't quote me on that!) After the song had finished there was a prolonged round of applause from the audience. It was the most amazing song I'd ever seen in a musical!

I'm so glad that we were able to see 'Cats' as it really opened my eyes to a different type of drama and performance. It was a great show and a really incredible art to watch.

Although the surprise itself was the most exciting part. I loved that Rosa had absolutely no idea and she was genuinely so happy to see us in the restaurant.

I feel so lucky to have such amazing best friends with whom I share an incredible friendship, which I know will always be there for me.

What are your happiest memories?

Georgia
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment