Monday 31 August 2015

Travel Edition of "Would You Rather?"


The other day, I saw this post on Yasmine's Blog (http://daristo-chic.blogspot.co.uk/) which is an amazing blog - I really recommend that you go and check it out! Her post made me want to do one on my own blog and if you've read any of my previous posts you'll probably have gathered that I want to do a lot of traveling in the future, so this post is perfect for me!

So, would I rather...


  • Travel or focus on your career at the age of 25? - I'd like to be able to do both, so I think I'd like to be one of those people who goes abroad for several months or a year and gets a job out there. My cousin did this and I really like the idea because you can be earning money whilst also exploring new countries! My career plan is a bit weird so I probably won't be able to focus on my ideal job until I'm a bit older anyway.

  • Have a £10,000 budget for a holiday and fly 1st class for £5000 and stay in mediocre accommodation or spend £1000 on flying economy class and then stay in luxury accommodation? - It would have to be flying in economy class. I'm not really bothered about 1st class travel. Ideally I would fly economy class and then stay in standard accommodation (but not too basic!!) because then I'd have more money to spend on having the coolest days out!!

  • Never have to take the train again or never take an aeroplane again? - This is a hard one, because for the last 7 holidays (either in France or Italy) we've driven there so I'm used to not flying. So my first thought would be to never fly again, because I use the train too much (also, imagine London without the tubes....). Buuuttt, 3 of the places I most want to visit are the US, Brazil and Australia, and you can't exactly drive there! I'm going to have to leave this question unanswered and be thankful that both do exist haha!!!

  • Have an awesome job in a mediocre city or a mediocre job in an awesome city?  - The second option because then you'd have so many awesome things to do in your social time! 

  • Be able to teleport to places you've already been or only be able to teleport to places you've never been before? - Teleport to places you've never been before becuase there are so many interesting and beautiful places out there to see!

  • Stay in a palm hut along the seashore for a week or stay in a log cabin in the woods for a month? - Probably on the seashore, although both options sound amazing!!

  • Be stuck on a 7 hour delay or turn up at the airport and realise your flight is tomorrow? - Although it would be horrible, I'd prefer to be stuck on a 7 hour delay because there would be shops in the airport that you could explore and there would be the other passengers that you could chat to or play games with. Also, I'd have a book with me and hopefully a laptop that you could watch films on. (When we were little, our flight was delayed, so everyone crowded around my dad's laptop and we all watched Peter Pan!!) 

  • Travel along the ocean floor or take a trip to outer space? - As much as I think it would be awesome to go into space, I really don't want to because I would hate the silence and the emptiness of it. The size of the universe is something I can't really get my head around so I'd much rather go along the ocean floor! Honestly I think it would be so cool, because there would be so many interesting species that you would see!

  • Travel back in time to meet your ancestors or forward to meet your descendants? - I think both would be absolutely awesome, but I have this thing about knowing your future, and I think I'd prefer to live my life without knowing what was going to happen. Imagine if you found out something and you lived your whole life just waiting for that thing to happen! I think it would be amazing to meet your ancestors though, because they've already lived, and you can find out the coolest things about them!

  • Have in flight wifi but no legroom or lots of legroom but no wifi? - The second option I think, because I rely on wifi too much and need to reduce my reliance on it! Anyway, the flight would only be a few hours so you could read a book or chat to people.

  • Be able to play every musical instrument that you touch or speak every language that you hear? - Definitely the languages! I learnt French at secondary school and I really enjoyed it, although I'm not naturally gifted at languages so even though my French exam was only 3 1/2 months ago, I haven't spoken it since and so I've forgotten a lot! I love languages though, and imagine all the people you'd be able to speak to if you could understand every language!! 

  • Be able to eat anything and any quantity of food with no negative health effects or be refreshed and well-rested after only 3 hours of sleep? - This is a hard one! They both sound so appealing!! But I would have to go for the first option because I eat far too much sugar and it's really bad for me, so if there were no negative health effects then that would be perfect for me!!

  • Die happy in 5 years or die unhappy in 60 years? - I think life is all about being happy! What's the point in living for another 60 years if it's just going to be miserable? I want to have lived a happy life when I die, and for people to remember me as a happy person!!

So that's all of the questions! As I said at the beginning, you should go and check out Yasmine's blog because it's really good and she's really lovely!! Feel free to answer these questions on your own blog, but if you do, please let me know in the comments because I'd love to hear your answers!! Thanks for reading,

Love as always,
Georgia xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment